You just got a new air conditioner. Congratulations! You’re going to be nice and cool all summer long. But there’s one question you need to answer before you can start enjoying your new cooling system, which is: how long to let an air conditioner settle? So let’s take a look at what you need to do before you can start using your air conditioner and how long you need to wait.
What You Need to Do Before You Start Using Your Air Conditioner?
Air conditioners are a significant investment, and you want to make sure that you get the most out of yours. That’s why it’s important to follow these steps before you start using your air conditioner for the first time:
- Read the manual – This might seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people skip this step. Your air conditioner’s manual will have all the information you need to get started, so take the time to read it.
- Clean the filter – Your air conditioner’s filter is going to collect dust and dirt over time, so it’s essential to clean it before you start using your air conditioner. This will help ensure that your air conditioner runs efficiently and doesn’t overwork itself.
- Check for leaks – Before you start using your air conditioner, it’s necessary to check for leaks. This is especially important if you’ve just installed a new air conditioner. To check for leaks, simply turn on your air conditioner and wait for a few minutes. Then, go around your home and check for any leaks.
- Hire a professional – If you’re not comfortable doing any of the above steps, or if you’re not sure how to do them, it’s always a good idea to hire a professional for AC installation in Atlanta, as they will be able to do it for you in no time.
- Let it run – Once you’ve followed all of the above steps, it’s time to let your air conditioner run. But how long should you let it run?
How Long to Let an Air Conditioner Settle?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, such as the type of air conditioner you have and the climate you live in. However, as a general rule of thumb, you should let your air conditioner run for at least 24 hours before using it. This will give your air conditioner time to settle and ensure that it’s running properly. Additionally, it will be best to wait for 30 minutes to an hour before turning your air conditioner on so that the freon may find its specific place.
Plus, if you start to operate the air conditioner too soon, it can potentially damage itself. However, depending on their model or features, some parts must wait 24 hours to settle. You may also learn a quick guide for AC installation so that you will have a better idea. After all these, you will be able to use your air conditioner without any worries! Just remember to follow the tips above, and you’ll be all set.
The Bottom Line
So, there you have it! Now you know how long to let an air conditioner settle before using it. Just remember to follow the steps above, and you’ll be all set. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with an HVAC expert. They’ll be able to help you out and answer any questions you have.